Grilled Asparagus Rafts
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 asparagus raft)
- 16 thick asparagus spears (about 1 pound)
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Dash of salt
- Prepare grill to high heat.
- Snap off tough ends of asparagus. Arrange 4 asparagus spears on a flat surface. Thread 2 (3-inch) skewers or toothpicks horizontally through spears 1 inch from each end to form a raft. Repeat procedure with remaining asparagus spears.
- Combine soy sauce, oil, and garlic; brush evenly over asparagus rafts. Grill 3 minutes on each side or until crisp-tender. Sprinkle evenly with sesame seeds, pepper, and salt.
Nutritional InformationAmount per serving
- Calories: 50
- Calories from fat: 38%
- Fat: 2.1g
- Saturated fat: 0.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 3.2g
- Carbohydrate: 6.1g
- Fiber: 2.4g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Sodium: 190mg
- Calcium: 26mgNote:
MyRecipes is working with Let’s Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA’s MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit http://ift.tt/mzLnUG.
Steven Raichlen, Recipes adapted from Steven Raichlen’s books How to Grill (Workman, 2001) and BBQ USA (Workman, 2003), Cooking Light
via Tumblr http://ift.tt/2bofBHQ